Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pizza Potatoes



This isn't as much as a recipe as it is an idea. My Foodnetwork magazine this past month had an insert for different ways to make stuffed potatoes. This looked like the option my family would eat best.

Pizza Potato

Bake a russet potato (whichever way you prefer in the oven, microwave ect.)

Split it down the center and scoop out the insides

Mix the potato flesh with tomato sauce or your favorite pizza sauce

Add in pepperonis, mozzarella and parmesan cheese

Fill the potato skin back up and top with additional mozzarella cheese

Put potato under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until brown and bubbly


So the verdict: I thought they were pretty good, it was a quick easy dinner to put together I served it with a salad and some sourdough bread. Michael seemed to like it pretty well and ate all of his potato. Ethan and Joshua both gave it stink face until I forced them to eat a few bites and then they liked it ok. They liked the cheesy bites, and ate about half of their potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about your new blog!
    We are totally going to try these Pizza Potatoes, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete