*I take a whole chicken and rub the outside and inside with a spice mix. I typically use a premade steak or chicken seasoning with some chili powder and a good Tbsp or 2 of brown sugar. The goal is to create a rub that is spicy and sweet just like the Dr. Pepper.
*Then I place the chicken on top of a half full can of Dr. Pepper. Use the legs to tripod the chicken so it can stand.
*I like to cook mine on my grill because it gets the skin nice and crisp, but it needs to cook for about an hour which is a lot of propane. You can also cook this in an oven, I would start at 400 for the first 20 minutes and then drop to 350 for the rest of the time.
The verdict: This is something I've made for my family for a few years. It really makes a very tasty and juicy bird. Michael likes the flavor and only gets weirded out when I remove the leftover chicken on the bird to save for another meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment