4 servings ( I halved the recipe from the magazine)
Ingredients:
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 onion chopped
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
About 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 large egg beaten
Steps:
Steps:
*Preheat oven to 375, oil 4 ramekins
*Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, saute onions and sweet potatoes until tender (about 10-12 minutes), season with salt and pepper
*Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the wine and broth and bring to a boil.
*Add the chicken, parsley, and nutmeg. Divide mixture between the ramekins and place on cookie sheet.
*Cut out pumpkins with cookie cutter out of the sheet of puff pastry. Use small cookie cutters to create a face (I just used a sharp knife to make vent holes look like a face).
*Place puff pastry on top of ramekins and brush with egg wash.
*Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
The Verdict
I liked these, I love fall flavors and thought they were very tasty. I made the mistake of making these on a night I had to go to work so I was unable to force the judges to try. Michael insists that they tried and it was different but good. But Joshua tells me that nobody ate them and they made other things for dinner.
These look delicious!
ReplyDelete