Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes


I've only ever made pineapple upside down cake with a cake mix, so I thought this recipe from my Food Network Magazine sounded really simple for a quick dessert.  Joshua actually did most of the work for me.

Brush 4 4oz ramekins with butter.  Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of each and line with sliced pineapple (I also added a marchino cherry).  Whisk 1 egg, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 3 tablespoons melted butter and a dash of vanilla in a bowl, the stir in 1/2 cup flour, 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt.  Divide batter among the ramekins, Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Let cool and then unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

The verdict:  Josh did a pretty good job making these for us and everyone thought they were yummy.  Miss Avery even got in on a few bites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment